Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chicken A la Carte - Food for thought

Chicken A la Carte is a 6 minutes short film. It was sent in for the Berlin International Film festival where filmmakers were invited to send in their short films on the theme food taste and hunger. And this film topped the competition. And I can totally understand why.
In the six minutes, the director captures the reality of starvation and the millions of people who go hungry without food. Itz an absolutely moving film. I was almost close to tears. Also felt a pang of guilt when I realised how much of food I waste.....
The kids smiling and enjoying the left over scraps of food, and most importantly thanking God for that little bit that they have..... My boy, hats off to the director.....

I was reading Deejay Rafi's blog when i came across his entry on this short film.

No comments: