Friday, May 9, 2008

1st week at work

Drained, Demoralised and Dejected

And my hopes of getting this weekend off - something that I was looking forward to from the start of the week - were dashed today. Had lots of plans that I was so eagerly looking forward to..... sighz

Lessons learnt in the 1st week:
1) One bowl of cornflakes can actually last me from 5am in the morning till 10pm at night. Amazing yea?

2) Being able to spend more than 3 hours at home (excluding sleeping time) is a luxury. (My routine for the past week: Wake up - bathe - eat - work - back home - bathe - eat - sleep)

3) Scoldings are a part and parcel of life. Learning to smile and to move on with the rest of day as per normal after a bout of scolding is an essential skill.

And this is just the 1st week.

Actually it hasn't been that bad. I mean, my workload is pretty decent compared to a lot of others. I guess today hasnt been that great a day.

Just gotta start afresh tmr. Let bygones be bygones. No point feeling down and depressed - it aint gonna help.

Oh well, I will survive, or so hope.

3 comments:

CJ said...

I am sure things will get better. Hang in there ya..

tenggiling said...

Hey Naga

I miss you! Getting scolded sucks - I got yelled at because a patient had 1/2 cup of milo, and op got pushed back 6hrs .. it wasn't even my pt, was updating for the ho who was covering post-call.. sigh.. not pleasant.. this department's displeasure can get quite intense. :(
I feel so SLOW and DUMB.. got scolded by my Reg who emphasized that I had to be FASTER and more EFFICIENT and "when I was a HO in SGH Surg, we had 40 pts.." Sigh. Couldn't say anything because the round was a mess.
Take care of yourself gal! Bring some energy bars or something - it's about survival now ;)
If you're halfday tom, wanna meet up? I'm not working tom (yay!) but on call Sunday.. call me !

Hugs

fOoTpRinTs of LiFe said...

Hope so too ya..... haiz. guess expected everything to go as smoothly as how SIP went but SIP was pretty different. Well, this week is a lot better in terms of hours and workload. I am getting my 3 meals a day again! Haha